Friday, April 13, 2012

What your shoes say about you



Many people have told me in my life that you can tell a lot about a man by the shoes he wears. Then again, he never once wore shoes in his life for fear of being judged, and was rather scared of shoes themselves. There's truth in the message, however a man's shoes speak volumes about who he is, about how he's trying to project himself on that given day.

Job interviews are very tricky territory for picking the right shoes. As I'm a writer, it's fairly well known that whatever office I work in, I'll be wearing something 'smart casual'. 'Casual' is a difficult word to get right, especially when it comes to shoes. When I went for my first job interview after university, my mother insisted on me that I dress very smartly, despite the office atmosphere and profession likely pointing to the fact that it would be a fairly casual occasion. After all, you can dress too smartly, but never too casually, she said, so use some New Look voucher codes to go shopping for smart gear.

First dates are another example of a time when choosing the right shoes can be tricky, so use your Very voucher codes to get some great shoes. It's a hugely scary social situation, and there's a real possibility of romance, if you play your cards right. What does one wear on a first date, and just as importantly, what will your partner be wearing? What happens if he turns up in sandals or Converse and I'm in my poshest high-heels? This is why it's always best, in my humble opinion, to be kitted out with an enormous arsenal of different shoes, so that you're prepared for any occasion. It all depends on how you're trying to 'appear' to your date clothes are about accentuating certain parts of your personality, and shoes are no exception to this. If you arrive wearing trainers then you give off a sport, laid-back, casual vibe, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Complete your unique look with some Tesco discount codes.



No comments:

Post a Comment